What we believe††††
On July 18, 1922 twenty four members organized the church in the home of Alice Haley.†† In May of 1923 Bartrum Hall at Stratford Center was rented for church services, and in July Fred Farnsworth was granted a license to preach.† He was appointed acting Pastor and dedicated their new church building at their first service on Broadbridge Avenue in March of 1924. In May of 1926, the first trained Pastor, Mr. Claude M. Haygood, was appointed.† Sixteen† full time Pastors have served the church over the years following the appointment of Mr. Haygood. The first church parsonage was completed adjacent to the church on Broadbridge Avenue in September 1932, and in December of 1935 the Sunday School addition was completed. In September of 1943 property facing Paradise Green was purchased. In the fall of 1949 a surplus Army Chapel was purchased in
Goldsboro, North Carolina.† The Chapel was moved and re-erected on the present site with improvements.† The new church building was dedicated in November 1950.† Dedication of the new Christian Education building as an addition to the rear of the present building took place in March of 1960. The present parsonage adjoining the church was purchased in September 1968.† In February 2001 the Spamer property on the corner next door was purchased to make room for more parking for our growing church.†† The former Spamer home also provided the potential for housing church offices or temporary living quarters.